- 5 to 10 years’ supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Mechanically inclined
- Dedicated and proven leadership abilities to work closely with all business functions
- Computer skills, experience with SAP is an asset, ability to read blueprints, mechanical and electrical drawings and diagrams
- High energy level required
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential
The incumbent is responsible for scheduling the production and providing leadership to the assembly team. Resolves day-to-day production issues, prioritize production tasks and liaises with Engineering, Inventory, Inside Sales, and other SEW departments. Allocates resources to tasks as required, and promotes personal initiative, teamwork, and compliance with SEW policies and procedures, health and safety, and environmental standards. The incumbent is responsible with scheduling overtime, time off, and vacation days, maintaining discipline and recommending disciplinary action as required. This position reports to the Plant Manager.
- Organizes production team activity in order to meet delivery dates, productivity, quality and continuous improvement goals.
- Initiates plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital.
- Assures attainment of business objectives and production schedules while ensuring product standards that will exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Establishes group and individual accountabilities throughout assigned departments for problem solving and cost reduction, both on a permanent and ad-hoc basis as needed.
- Responsible for first line supervision including attendance, manpower planning, safety and security and maintaining discipline.
- Encourages use of new techniques and focus on fact based problem solving.
- Establishes management practices throughout assigned areas, which include all employees’ positive involvement with opportunity for constructive input and action.
- Responsible for employees times adjustment on a daily basis.
- Completes periodically weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on production time, efficiency, and attendance as required.
- Releases the production orders using the SAP system, and prioritize the orders through workstations.
- Relocates personnel as necessary to cover overloaded workstations when necessary.
- Maintain individual skills keeping up to date with latest production and production management concepts.
- Ensures all employees go to and return from breaks on timely manner.
- Enforces Company policies, procedures, and work instruction.
- Keeps track of the supplies and tools needed for plant activity and advises Plant Manager if any need to be ordered.
- Participates in scheduling preventive maintenance, periodically inspects the equipment, and schedules certification and recertification for the employees as required.
- Provide and/or schedule training for plant employees as required.
- Continually improve safety records by addressing both physical safety issues and employee safety attitudes.
- Maintain and improve housekeeping in all areas.
- Ensures health, safety and environmental procedures and requirements are followed.
- Observes and evaluates performance of staff to provide input to Plant Manager for performance management purposes and annual performance appraisals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
December 31, 2018
A minimum high school education with an emphasis on industrial trades.
Experience assembling gearboxes is preferred; however, the right individuals will be trained.
The job requires strength, endurance and stamina to repair gearboxes. The employee must have good coordination when using hand tools, assembly tools and the hoist.
To inspect, modify, disassemble and re-assemble SEW gearboxes, and to assemble new units, ensuring meeting SEW’s quality, and completeness of jobs within deadlines requested. This position is schedule for afternoon shift, 3.00pm -11.30pm.
- Clean, inspect and disassemble as required gear motors arriving to Service Department for various reasons
- Fill out appropriate job documentations (e.g. initial observation report, disassembly report, test run report, etc.)
- Properly store disassembled parts
- Assemble gearboxes, and gear motors including picking the required items for assembly and/or performing recommended modifications to the gearboxes
- Capable of setting up bearing clearance, backlash, and tooth contact pattern. As well as bevel gear assembly
- Assemble new units as required by Service or Assembly Department Loads
- Perform test run of the assembled gearboxes
- Paint gearboxes
- Packed gear motors for shipping, and arrange shipping to customers as required
- Maintain a clean and safe working area
- Ensure that all tooling and parts required/used for repair are properly maintained and placed within designated area(s)
- Field service will be required. Duties will include dealing with customers directly, and travelling to customer’s facilities across Canada (sometimes on short notice).Duties include keeping good records and reports of work performed onsite or recommendations to be done. Duties will also include, start-up and onsite service (commissioning, remove and installation of gear units, alignment, disassembly and assembly of gear units, vibration analysis, failure analysis endoscope, and thermo-analysis)
The Service Technician will require the following skills:
- Able to read blueprints and assembly drawings
- Properly utilize computers to create and enter reports in the system, check stock, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A valid driver’s license
- A good driver’s record
- Product knowledge – Mechanical / Electrical
- Able to work independently in a variety of circumstances
- Able to have a flexible (outside regular hours) work schedule, and to travel when required
- Capable of safely utilizing tow motor, hydraulic press, hoist, bearing heater, oven, and heating torch
- Available to attend training in worldwide locations
- Currently have, or willing to obtain the following training: First aid, lock-out safety, WHMIS, forklift, skyjack, customer specific safety training, as well as commissioning, removing and installation of gear units, alignment, disassembly and assembly of gear units, vibration analysis, failure analysis endoscope, and thermo-analysis
- Depends on the work load and company needs, occasionally the technician might be required to work/assist in other areas of the plant
RESONSIBILITY FOR MATERIAL RESOURCES
The technician is responsible for diagnosing the cause of malfunctioning units for customers. While some products are under warranty, the incumbent is responsible to correctly determine the source of the problem, and to take necessary actions to solve it.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR INFORMATION
This position routinely reads technical manuals and writes repair reports. The technician checks work orders for accuracy and compare them with units to be repaired, as well as retrieving inventory information from the computer.
December 31, 2018