INTRODUCING THE NEW DRN MOTOR
The Amendment 13 from the Natural Resources Canada has been pre-published on April 30, 2016, with the stated intention of aligning the Canadian efficiency regulations with the US (DOE) standards. Amendment 13 will come into force 6 months after the final publication date.
The new DRN motor meets the new US (DOE) efficiency requirements and also the new Canadian efficiency regulations, soon to come into force.
DRN Standard Features
• 1 to 300 HP (0.75 to 225 kW)
• Premium / IE3 efficiency, CSA verified.
• Inverter duty, meets or exceeds NEMA MG1, part 30/31, voltage spike resistant.
• Continuous duty, TEFC, 1.15 service factor.
• Low rotor inertia, high cycling, tight control, system stability.
• 50 Hz, 60Hz or 50/60 Hz global motor.
• Global and local electrical designs and certifications.
• High cycling, electrically-released brake, patented dual coil design.
Main Optional Features
• Movimot® integrated frequency inverter.
• Built-in or externally mounted encoder.
• DUE brake function and wear monitoring device.
• Two or more brake sizes per motor.
• Cast iron high-inertia fan or aluminum fan.
• Plug connectors for quick disconnect.
• OS surface protection.
• EDRN HazLoc-NA®, CSA certified for hazardous locations, Division or Zone 2.
So now what?
Compliance to this new legislation may cause a little stress. However, there are some notable benefits you may want to explore. Upgrading your drive system to comply with this new regulation means that your drive system will be consuming far less energy—resulting in significantly lower energy costs. In addition SEW-Eurodrive has created a special program that is purposely designed to show you the benefits of making the switch, before you make any commitment. We encourage you to explore our SWAPP program and feel free to ask us any questions.
GO TO SEW-EURODRIVE'S SWAPP PROGRAM